Tuesday, February 16, 2010

More Google

I'm a google convert.  I love it.  I have an I-google page as my home page on my computer at home.  This allows me to see what I want to see straight away.  It also allows me to have quick access to the sites I want to go to without having to think. 

Included in this page is my google calendar.  Not used as much as I could, my sister (who lives in Melbourne) and I have linked our calendars so we can share family birthday reminders with each other.  She also uses it to know what we are up to as I have important events in it.  Our family does many events, fundraising for the Endeavour Foundation so she knows when to call home and maybe where we are if we don't answer.

Our fundraising efforts come about because we participate in the Great Endeavour Rally (http://www.greatendeavour.com.au/).  The road boss (organiser) uses google maps to map where we are going....This is very abstract and has many loops, just to keep us on our toes.  We use a code within a roadbook to get us around but the google maps are great for family members to track where we are.

I've used Google translate a couple of times however more for fun rather than anything serious.  I'd love to see how accurate it really is.

No comments:

Post a Comment