Sunday, January 10, 2010

Mashups

I feel as if I don't fully understand mashups.  I'm not sure but for our library service, I have added our photos to google maps.  Does this mean I have created a mashup or am I just using another part of the google maps / google business appliction?

I've looked through the mashup awards.  The majority of these relate to twitter and tweets etc.  As a non-tweeter, I have skipped these however it did take several pages to get past them.  I have found two mashups.  One called coffee seeker.  This looks great but wasn't Australian based.  I searched Brisbane and found only 1 coffee shop listed and Melbourne came up with zilch so I guess it hasn't really taken off here in Aust. yet.

I then found triplify which is a mashup that searches google, yahoo, msn and bing.  It seems to bring up many duplicate pages. 

At this stage, I think I'll stick with google mashups.  If I get time, I might try to create a mashup of some of my photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment