Sunday, January 10, 2010

Test Drive #1: Online applications and tools

Online applications and tools. 

I'm a zamzar user.  I love it except I would also like to be able to convert files from a PDF to an excel spreadsheet.  If we can, I missed it.  I converted a pdf'd table to word and it didn't work out as great as expected.  The columns were still all good etc but the line up was more text boxes than anything.  Other than that, if you are converting straight text, it works brilliantly.  I love it.

I have also used WebEx as a training session.  It was great also.  Now all we need is a way to easily talk to one another online.

As mentioned earlier, I use Etherpad.  This is similar to the writeboard (I think).  Works perfectly in many situations -- work, home, friends etc.  Its a quick and easy chat session too without the need to login.

I love googledocs and use it for work, home and play.  Its great to put your document up on it and then access it from anywhere.  Use it heaps and heaps....saves carrying and/or finding my USB stick. 

No comments:

Post a Comment