Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Delicious

I love delicious. I use it not very often but when I do, I remember that I should use it more. I've had a delicious account for sometime now. I use it as a reminder so that I remember to set up an online event diary for a yearly event.

I find this is one of the best things about an online bookmarking site. You can go back to it yearly and find the sites. If I was relying on my bookmarks, I may have deleted them or changed computers and therefore lost them.

I have a dream to set up a Delicous account for our library service. I've seen that some libraries have created them for their reference librarians (particularly libs with roaming profiles). One library in Vic created a ref account and encouraged anybody who did online searches to add to the account.

I think this would be great for the public also. They could use the sites that we recommend. At the moment, we have catalogued some webpages however this is time consuming. Its also sometimes hard to assign LC subject headings. If we created a delicious account, we could use free text tags. What a great tool.

No comments:

Post a Comment